miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2009

Berlin: Expectations, Rewards

When I recieved the invitation to apply for the EMLA seminar, I was having quite a hard time trying to stay focused on my work (as student). So I became very exited just thinking about travel to Germany once again. I wanted to do anything different to my every days activities but travel just for make some turism was not an option for me.

After I decided to go to se seminar, the time started to go faster and faster so I did not have the real oportunity to think deeply about the hole travel until I was seated on the plane, heading Europe (I was a few hours in Atlanta). I started to put my thoughts in to order: after some hours and many coffes, I was pretty clear about the way I was going to face the following two and a half weeks in Germany:
1. No worries about the stuff in Chile
2. Let's meet new people!! (and everything what implies: points of view, backgrounds, etc)
3. Let's have some fun!
4. It would be great to get in touch with people working on NGO.
5. Get an update about the way Germans are seeing Latinamericans
6. Visit some friends living in Germany
7. Enjoy the lifestyle of Germany (Wurst essen, Bier trinken, Die Bahn, etc)
8. Try to take a little bit of a break of my duties as student.

I'm sure at that time I was thinking about much more things, but this should be the most important ones....

I have to say, my expectations were completely fulfilled, considering that the people at the seminar were very nice to each others.
I had a really good time in Berlin and Germany, and no one can change that.

2 comentarios:

  1. Franz, congrats on being the first EMLA group member to join the blog list. I really liked reading about your days prior to the trip and wonder if we weren't on the same plane in Atlanta?? I don't recall seeing you there or at the airport, but who knows!

    Hope settling back in Chile is going well.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey Franz, nice blog! You consider die Bahn as a positive part of German lifestyle? That's really an interesting change of perspective since everybody hates the Bahn here. Expensive, never on time and always prone to problems. That's what most of the Germans think I figure

    ResponderEliminar